[SOLVED] GPU shuts off in the middle of game

Dec 10, 2020
Gpu (1050ti) shuts down whenever i play games like apex legends. No problem using for multiple hours on other games or surfing the web. Chassis and cpu fans, led lights and usb peripherals stays on though. At first i thought it was the PSU so i bought a new one but it is still happening. gpu temps around 65-75C and cpu temps around 70-80C when that happens so i think thermals isnt the problem.

Specs:
Galax GTX 1050ti 4gb OC
Ryzen 3 3200g
asus a320m-k
8gb ddr4 2666mhz single channel
corsair rm650 gold rated

Solution
Try disabling fast start in windows, try changing power settings to high performance when playing apex legends. You can also run chkdsk and sfc to make sure files are good to go.
Dec 10, 2020
As far as I'm concerned, I didnt do any overclocks on the cpu. I haven't tried benchmarking. Any benchmarking tool you can recommend for this? My cpu cooler is the stock cooler from amd.

Dec 10, 2020
Just a bit of an update, im still not 100% sure it's working now but with 2 test runs I havent had the problem for 1-2hrs per test(apex). Here's the list of what I did(dont know which worked):

1. Installed Apex using Steam rather than Origin games. Cause I've read comments on steam that origin is shiz.
  2. Downloaded amd chipset drivers.
  3. Used Ryzen power plan.
  4. Updated BIOS

Normally, it wouldn't last an hour of playing apex and it will shut off. But there are cases in the past that it lasted an hour or so before shutting off. Right now there are no signs of those. Will be testing it more and benchmarking it as madchemist suggested. Tho it takes me some time to install things because I have slow internet.