Question GPU shuts off under load, now won't turn on

Jan 27, 2023
I've had this computer for about a year and it's had a recurring problem where under load (say, I open furmark or a game) the graphics card will just poop out. But it's not a consistent problem as before I could just readjust the card's power cable and it would work just fine, so I chalked it up to a bad cable. I even plugged a second graphics card into it and it had the same issue.

It's been working without a hitch for the better part of a year but it has barely been moved until last week where it went to another room. Now the problem has resurfaced and after some days, my computer just won't boot (my CPU doesn't have on board graphics). I bought a new power cable in hopes that would be it but to no avail.

Could it be the power supply or the motherboard for example? I'm trying to narrow the problem down but I'd appreciate some thoughts before I sink more money into replacement parts. Buying a new GPU will be my last resort.

My specs are as follows: GTX 1060 3gb, i7 5930k, 16gb of RAM

My PSU is a Dell Precision T5610 685W

Ralston18

Titan
New room: "new outlet". Are the power connections snug and tight?

Will the computer boot into Safe Mode?

Could be that the move caused something to jostle loose.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

If you are not comfortable opening the case then get a knowledgeable family member or friend to help.

At the next successful boot, take a look in Reliability History. Reliabililty History may be capturing some error code, warning, or even an information event that occurred just before or at the time of the earlier boot failures.