Question GPU Shutting down under load

Fintar

Reputable
Dec 2, 2016
Hey guys,

Not sure what exactly is the problem but from what I can tell my GPU is shutting down under load. I bought a laptop to play older games when I'm home from university so it's not running anything too demanding, just things like dota and a couple single player games. I've been monitoring temps and they all seem good with the CPU averaging 70's and GPU sitting around 60 degrees Celsius.

The laptop has been an issue from day 1 with constant crashing and blue screens, mostly giving me nvidia errors, which either leads to the laptop turning itself off or the game crashes and when I restart the game it runs slow. I checked dxdiag and it also says Direct3D Acceleration: Not Available and MSI Afterburner says the GPU is running at 0 degrees until I restart the system.

My specs are:

System: Strix 15 GL503GE
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
i5-8300H@2.30GHz
GTX 1050Ti
8GB RAM

I've tried:
uninstalling and reinstalling drivers
resetting windows
reinstalling windows from a disc
updating bios
undervolting cpu
monitoring temps

nothing I tried seems to help but I haven't used a laptop in many years cos I usually have my desktop PC, I know it's not the most powerful laptop but it's only playing low tier games which shouldn't be a problem, I'd rather not RMA it as it could take a while and I need it for work, any help would be appreciated

Dec 26, 2019
Try to return it if you can, sounds like a stability problem. If you have done all of that stuff and its still not working then I don't think there's much more that you can do, apart from replacing the GPU which can be very difficult with newer laptops.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts