[SOLVED] GPU sometimes causing computer not to POST, resetting CMOS temporary fix?

SHORTCIRCUT

Reputable
Dec 24, 2019
I'll try to explain in detail what's been going on

A while ago, I bought a custom-built PC. When it arrived all was well, the system was working apart from a few issues caused by a corrupt Windows install (by my fault) but eventually, I managed to fix those issues. Apart from adding my own HD from my previous computer, I had not so much as touched any part of this one. One day, I just fixing a loose screw on the HD, as a result, I had to turn the computer on its side (the side that had the tempered glass on it. This ended up causing some weird issue with the GPU where it would work fine, but running any game would cause the system to black screen and freeze. It was definitely something GPU related, as when I swapped back to my old GPU (Zotac 1070ti Mini), all was working perfectly.

Eventually after some long debugging, I discovered the problem to be caused by the GPU not being fitted properly in the PCI slot. When I tried to reinstall the GPU properly however, I noticed the system didn't even POST anymore

Now here's where the main problem is

Eventually after some more asking around, I decided to reset CMOS and then plug the GPU back in, which ended up causing it to work and everything ran smoothly as it should've. It was working fine for quite a few weeks, until just recently when I was just using it normally I heard a faint cracking noise (although I'm not even sure if it actually came from the computer or from elsewhere tbh) and when I turned off the PC for the day and came back the next, suddenly the PC wouldn't POST anymore. After some more vigorous trial and error, I ended up once again resetting CMOS, for the issue to be fixed. However, just today after about 1.5 days since the last 'fix' suddenly the no posting problem came back. Again just now I reset CMOS and everything is working again (I am writing this post after just doing that)

At this point I'm afraid to even turn off my PC in fear of this happening again. I checked the MB and GPU to see if that cracking noise did indeed happen inside, but I noticed nothing suspicious. Even ran my old GPU back again to try it and everything worked fine with that. I suspect it has something to do with the GPU sagging, but it doesn't make sense why it works fine for a day and then suddenly decides not to even POST anymore. I know it has to be something GPU related, as when I don't insert it, the PC posts, when I insert my old GPU it still posts. I want to say it's a faulty GPU, but at the same time despite whatever problem this is, the GPU still works (like right now). It could also be a PSU issue, as my old GPU only requires an 8 pin connector whereas this one requires a 6pin + 8pin, but the same concern with how it normally works fine arises

Specs:

CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i7-9700KF 3.60GHZ 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 [w/o Integrated Graphic] (Coffee Lake)
1TB WD Blue Series SATA-III 6 GB/s SSD (Plus 16GB Intel Optane Memory SSD Acceleration 2X Faster)
1TB WD Green Series SATA-III 6 Gb/s SSD
A 2TB Hard Drive from my previous computer that I installed into this one
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Prime Z390-P ATX w/ WiFi 802.11AC RGB, USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 4 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe
PSU: 750 Watts - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750W 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular
GPU: EVGA GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER™ XC GAMING 8G GDDR6 (Turing) [Old GPU used was Zotac 1070ti Mini]
RAM: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (GSKILL Trident Z RGB)

Solution
Did you buy custom build from shop or used?

To be honest, I'd remember if GPU sagging could kill the GPU, but GPU is pretty good held together.
Unless it has rare disorder with memory issue.

I know only that my old GPU which has slight Bent to it would refuse to work with me if it isnt straight popped into PCIE slot.
Did you buy custom build from shop or used?

To be honest, I'd remember if GPU sagging could kill the GPU, but GPU is pretty good held together.
Unless it has rare disorder with memory issue.

I know only that my old GPU which has slight Bent to it would refuse to work with me if it isnt straight popped into PCIE slot.

Solution