gpu, sound, ssd problems maybe

Chiyoo

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
I've been having problems with my computer crashing, it freezes up and i have to turn it off rather than just reboot for it to work again otherwise it just tells me it can't find anything bootable. Along with this my sound randomly cuts out and i have to replugin my usb headset for it to work again,. But then today i started getting colored lines going on the side of my screen only at the sides though not all the way across. and i've been running Aida64 keeping any eye of if anything is overheating but so far everything has stayed pretty low even when gaming. My specs are below.

CPU: FX 8320 3.5ghz
MOBO: Gigabyte 990X Gaming SLI
RAM: 16 gb HyperX Fury
SSD: HyperX Savage 256gb
GPU: R9 280x 3gb

Anyone able to tell me what my problem might be? Most of the parts are around 4 years old now all except the motherboard which is only about 18 months.

Solution
Yes, it would. Dying components can and will cause general freezing, and in such cases sound may be stuck, in loop or even ongoing.

The easiest thing you can try is to borrow a GPU (maybe you have some old GPU laying around somewhere) and then use it instead of this one just for test. If all your problems go away, you know what caused it ;)
Yes, it would. Dying components can and will cause general freezing, and in such cases sound may be stuck, in loop or even ongoing.

The easiest thing you can try is to borrow a GPU (maybe you have some old GPU laying around somewhere) and then use it instead of this one just for test. If all your problems go away, you know what caused it ;)

Solution