Question GPU Spikes to 100% then game crashes.

Feb 4, 2022
Hello, I am playing a game called "Project Zomboid". I am playing with 3 other people and they do not crash but I do.

Like the title says, my GPU will spike to 100% and the game will close itself. In comparison to my friends, they do not crash at all even though we all have the same mods downloaded (in order to play with each other.)

All my drivers are up to date as I even use a driver downloader software to help keep everything updated.

These are my specs.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard: PRIME B550-PLUS AC -HES
RAM: 16B DDR
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti

Hello, I am playing a game called "Project Zomboid". I am playing with 3 other people and they do not crash but I do.

Like the title says, my GPU will spike to 100% and the game will close itself. In comparison to my friends, they do not crash at all even though we all have the same mods downloaded (in order to play with each other.)

All my drivers are up to date as I even use a driver downloader software to help keep everything updated.

These are my specs.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard: PRIME B550-PLUS AC -HES
RAM: 16B DDR
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
Is your bios up to date?
Have you tried setting a power limit to the GPU so it doesn't try to over volt?
What's the psu

Feb 4, 2022
Hi, my BIOS's date says 7/13/2021 which seems pretty recent.

PSU is the "InWin P65F 650W PF SERIES"

I could try setting a limit, but why would it over volt over one game?

Hi, my BIOS's date says 7/13/2021 which seems pretty recent.

PSU is the "InWin P65F 650W PF SERIES"

I could try setting a limit, but why would it over volt over one game?
Replace that PSU. Looks like it only has a single PCIe power connector.

EDIT: I see you have a 3060 not a 3080 that I originally thought. How many PCIe power ports does the card have?

You used a driver downloader app. Not good news. You probably have incorrect or outdated drivers installed. Remove that trash and search for proper drivers manually. Make sure you're on latest BIOS and chipset for motherboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: white.a.drew
Feb 4, 2022
Replace that PSU. Looks like it only has a single PCIe power connector.

EDIT: I see you have a 3060 not a 3080 that I originally thought. How many PCIe power ports does the card have?

You used a driver downloader app. Not good news. You probably have incorrect or outdated drivers installed. Remove that trash and search for proper drivers manually. Make sure you're on latest BIOS and chipset for motherboard.

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll start looking for a better PSU.