Question GPU Spoilt 2 times within 2 years?

Jun 21, 2021
Hi everyone, lately I'm very baffled because of what the title suggested..

I upgraded my GPU from a faulty GTX 970 (lasted around 3 years) to GTX 1660 ti around 2019. Within a few months, my 1660 ti began to have 100% fan speed with no display. Went for a 1-to-1 exchange since it was under warranty, things worked fine until a year later, my 1660 ti broke down again with the same issue.

For the first time when I had that issue, I suspected that it was probably because I tend to adjust the fan speed higher because I was worried about the temperature (since 970 had lower temperature). Although I wasn't sure if this was really the main cause of the issue, I stopped doing that to the newly exchanged GPU. But seems like there were other underlying issues because it is a recurring issue.

I've already sent my faulty GPU for another exchange now, and it would be taking a few weeks before getting me a new one. So during this period, I'd just like to find out what was really the cause of this recurring issue before I made another "malfunction" again... Was it due to dust? Or was it due to CPU/motherboard? If that's the case, I'd say I rather invest on upgrades if that solves the problem...

Here's my specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz- Skylake 14nm Technology
Motherboard: MSI H170 GAMING M3 (MS-7978) (U3E1)
PSU: SeaSonic M12II 620 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
RAM: 16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-35)

Would appreciate if anyone can advice me on anything about this...

Jun 21, 2021
How old is the PSU? Might be old enough to be on the verge of having issues.
Which 1660Ti is it exactly? might be a common issue for it.
I built this PC around 2016, so every component lasted for 5 years or so (except GPU)
And the 1660 ti that I had was the Asus GeForce GTX 1660 ti 6 GB DUAL OC Video Card
I was told that this graphic card didn't had any issues like mine, everyone of them lasted at least 3 to 5 years. Although we suspected that it might be due to batch issues? So I'm really not sure what's going on...