[SOLVED] GPU stopped working with Optiplex 990 after shutoff

Nov 4, 2021
So my Optiplex 990 MT was working fine with the gtx 1060 3GB two days ago until I shut the pc completely off. Now the GPU will go to 640 by 480 whenever I boot up and all I see is a black screen the Optiplex has the lights 1 2 on the front panel. The computer works fine whenever I use integrated graphics. I have reseated the GPU and ram multiple times and nothing changed. Could it be the SATA to 6 pin cable I am using? Does anyone know the solution to solve this problem?

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What PSU are you working with in that Dell prebuilt? How old is the PSU in the build?

Could it be the SATA to 6 pin cable I am using?
If your PSU lacks the connectors for your components, you're very likely not using the right PSU for your platform or you used the wrong component for your build. I'm suspecting that you might be having a PSU that's incapable of powering all your devices in that prebuilt(at the very least) or that the GPU might've croaked(I'm hoping it's not the latter given todays market).

Lutfij

Titan

What PSU are you working with in that Dell prebuilt? How old is the PSU in the build?

If your PSU lacks the connectors for your components, you're very likely not using the right PSU for your platform or you used the wrong component for your build. I'm suspecting that you might be having a PSU that's incapable of powering all your devices in that prebuilt(at the very least) or that the GPU might've croaked(I'm hoping it's not the latter given todays market).

Solution
Nov 4, 2021

Its a 265 watt generic PSU that came with the system, and I think the prebuilt is about 9 or 10 years old.