GPU stops working and forces me to restart a game!

mas.goulart

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
Hello everyone.

Recently my graphics card has been acting strangely. Whenever I'm playing a game everything seems fine at first. I even have share enabled and I can see the framerate count. But then at random times the share stops working and the framerate drops drastically. The game simply stops using my Nvida Graphics card and will either use the secondary one or none at all, making the game outright unplayable.

I've tried browsing about this issue and found nothing useful. Even did a re-roll to a few days earlier. Re-installed GeForce experience and updated the drivers via there. Nothing has changed. The issue is still there... and I can't understand what is happening.

During the summer my laptop had some overheating issues but nothing seriosu came out of it. Now it is cold and I have a fan, so my laptop isn't exactly overheating anymore.

A few of the NVidia icons also stopped showing. There used to be that'd allow me to either open the Panel or Experience, but now it's gone. Sometimes the icon that shows which programs are affecting the GPU vanishes as well.

I have no idea what to do and this is becoming extremely problematic! Could someone please help me?

Specs:
- Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz with a Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M with 4GB - Dedicated VRAM
- 16GB DDR4 Memory
- 1000GB HDD

Download the latest drivers for your GPU place them on your desktop get Display Driver Uninstaller from here
https://www.wagnardsoft.com/
remove everything after restarting it will probably be 640x480 not great instal your AMD/NVIDIA drivers and hopefully should fix your problem

mas.goulart

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017

Could you please explain this in better detail? I am really, really terrible at handling computers and I would HATE to do something that I'd regret. Do you require any further information or should I explain anything else?