[SOLVED] Gpu stress Up TO 100% AND CRASH

syncerio

Prominent
Nov 7, 2017
My pc spec is: cpu i7 8700k overclocked just the turbo mode to 4700mhz, 16 gb ram Gskill OC to 3400mhz, gpu Aorus Gbite nVidia 1080TI extreme edition water cooled stock OCed, pcu corsair CS 750M. MB rog strix Z370-f. 250 gb m1 ssd, 250gb samsung ssd, and 700 gb normal hdd cat remember the brand. Ips monitor Acer predator that I run in 165 Hz and second samsung monitor 60 hz

My problem is that: when I start a game after 2 e minutes of running the both monitors goes black , crashes the game and after comes back on desktop, or it stays on game and repeat the black screen process till il close the game from task manager. I tried to monitor the GPU and I saw that before crash goes on 100% stress but the pump (cooler stays on idle) if I change the stock OC from Aorus engine app a bit down and put the pump on manual to run a bit high than auto mode the game runs ok.
My question is : why this happened and should I change the PCU for a stronger one.
Thank you for your help

Solution
Well the answer is in your question. the GPU pump is not activating when it is supposed to and you are overheating. As you overheat the gpu slows down which is what is causing it to appear at 100% utilization. If you have found a setting that works then you are good otherwise you can look at replacing the card
Well the answer is in your question. the GPU pump is not activating when it is supposed to and you are overheating. As you overheat the gpu slows down which is what is causing it to appear at 100% utilization. If you have found a setting that works then you are good otherwise you can look at replacing the card

Solution

koson123

Prominent
Oct 12, 2018
I dont think this is your psu. i have this same problem personally and i replaced my psu. in fact i am fairly certain this is not hardware from what i have been able to gather it is a directX error. the only fix i have found is either rolling back drivers significanly(gl doesnt work for most) or down clocking your gpu core about 100 mhz.

Reactions: syncerio

syncerio

Prominent
Nov 7, 2017
I dont think this is your psu. i have this same problem personally and i replaced my psu. in fact i am fairly certain this is not hardware from what i have been able to gather it is a directX error. the only fix i have found is either rolling back drivers significanly(gl doesnt work for most) or down clocking your gpu core about 100 mhz.
Hmm i think you are right. Because 3 versions ago of GeForce was working perfectly fine without lowering the mhz or putting on manual the cooling system. Was on auto .... I will try to find the best stable driver version for this card. Or if you could come with an advice will be appreciated. 😊