[SOLVED] GPU stuck at 300 mhz? (RTX 2080)

Apr 22, 2020
For some reason my gpu seems to be stuck at 300 mhz, and i have no clue why.

I have linked a pic from msi afterburner View: https://imgur.com/a/YxkQV0k
, and it looks like this when im booting my pc up, and its exactly the same when im playing ingame..

please help :S
with these high end specs, im lagging in games that are not very demanding to run..

my specs are:
i9 9900k 3.60 ghz
GeForce RTX 2080
16GB DDR4 ram

EDIT:

I've tried reinstalling my GPU drivers which didn't seem to work.
i've refabricated my pc, which didn't work either.
have also tried to rollback to an older driver, didn't work either.

Solution
you should try to remove this power limit on gpu also your ssd running a bit hot what is the air flow in that case mine is running at 27 c also use hwinfo for the readings would like to compare them with my system .
Apr 22, 2020
thats bad.

300mhz is the power state the card goes to when it feels like its been tampered with.
usually happens when people mess with the power connector to enable higher power states for better overclocking.
have you done anything like that?
no, i dont think so. however on my power settings its on "Ultimate Performance" what can i do to fix this? :S

Apr 22, 2020
thats bad.

300mhz is the power state the card goes to when it feels like its been tampered with.
usually happens when people mess with the power connector to enable higher power states for better overclocking.
have you done anything like that?
i might have done something with cmd prompt to enable the "Ultimate Performance" in power settings.. could that be the case?