Question GPU stuck at 300 MHz

Dec 8, 2021
My 2060's clock is stuck at 300 MHz while gaming, which makes most games unplayable even on lowest settings. I have tried updating drivers, going back to older ones, deleting drivers and doing a clean install, reinstalling windows, deleting all the ASUS software, installing it again, deleting everything that could mess with my GPU, changing BIOS settings, setting performance mode everywhere i could, disabling throtthling via group policy, overcloking\underclocking... Guess that's all. Also used throttlestop, tried fan control utilities (none worked), clearing my laptop, lifting it up above the desk, none of this helped. The issue is there for several weeks now, and i'm really tired of this. Bought the laptop (which is ROG strix g15 g512lv) only a year ago and it already goes into throttling. I cannot lift the power or temperature limit, or the fan speed, the options are grayed out in any software i tried. My fan is also making a short weird noise every ~7 seconds. Specs: RTX 2060 Core i7-10750H 2x8 GB RAM 1 TB SSD Edit: GPUZ says that perfcap reason is thermal, which proves my thought about overheating

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you check and see if you have any BIOS updates pending on your laptop? What version(not edition) of Windows 10(assuming you're not on Windows 11) are you working with? Have you tried inspecting the internals of the laptop for perhaps clogged vents for the cooling solution?

Dec 8, 2021
Thanks!

Bios is on the last version, i updated it 2 days ago. Yes, i've tried to open the laptop and it's completely fine on the inside. I have windows 10 20H2