[SOLVED] GPU stuck to motherboard

Gwalthor

Commendable
Jul 31, 2019
Hi everyone,

My graphics card is stuck to my motherboard. I've tried pulling on the board while pushing on the pin, but it isn't working. I don't know what to do? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Motherboar: ASUS TUF gaming X570-Pro
GPU: ASUS TUF gaming RTX 3080 10gb

GPU-stuck.jpg

GPU-stuck-3.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
Maybe the PCI-E slot retention is still stuck, don't force anything, take a deep breath and investigate the issue.

Gwalthor

Commendable
Jul 31, 2019
Maybe the PCI-E slot retention is still stuck, don't force anything, take a deep breath and investigate the issue.

I've got bit of vertical movement. When I gently push on the card on the right side, the left side goes up a bit. When I do the same on the left side, the right side goes up. It seems like it's the pin that's holding the board in place because that's the centre of rotation when I try to rotate it. I can't move it horizontally left or right at all.

Gwalthor

Commendable
Jul 31, 2019
There is normally a clip on the back of the GPU to keep it in the slot just at the end of the slot.

I've never heard of this before, so I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I'm trying to look in the back of my GPU, but I'm not seeing anything. Also not really sure what to look for. Could you elaborate a bit? Thanks! :)

Gwalthor

Commendable
Jul 31, 2019
Turns out part of my GPU was sticking a little bit outside the back of my case. When I pushed it back in, I was able to re-align the GPU and properly re-insert it into the the motherboard. Then I pushed back on the clip, and it came loose. Just had to investigate the issue a little more. Phew :)

Thanks everyone.