[SOLVED] GPU stuck whilist trying to remove it

Solution
If it's really stuck as you've said, you can unscrew the motherboard from the case and slide it slightly towards the front of the case. That should give the graphics card enough clearance for you to free it.

OrlyP

Reputable
Aug 20, 2020
I believe it's just one locking tab.... you push it down and it unlocks the GPU.

You'll need to push the GPU back in its slot and begin the removal by unlocking the tab. While pressing the tab, you'll see that end of the GPU (power connector side) rise up a bit. You should then be able to pull the card straight out.

Dec 24, 2020
Just wanted to see the PCIe lock type on your board. You just press down on it.

Put back the GPU in the slot. Push down on the PCIe slot lock as the first step until you feel the GPU lifting a bit on the right side and just pull it out.
I dont think I can, ive pulled one side out a good amount and its stuck so the only real way of getting it back in is just taking it out completely

Dec 24, 2020

OrlyP

Reputable
Aug 20, 2020
If it's really stuck as you've said, you can unscrew the motherboard from the case and slide it slightly towards the front of the case. That should give the graphics card enough clearance for you to free it.

Solution