[SOLVED] GPU suddenly disappears from Motherboard when Idle or playing a game

DarklingGolem50

Commendable
May 19, 2017
Whenever I leave my PC on idle or while playing a game, my monitor looses signal after a while and my GPU doesn't detect any display, even when I use VGA, DVI or HDMI

When I press the reset button, the motherboard defaults to the iGPU and when I put it to PCIE, it keeps defaulting to Auto (a.k.a iGPU)

But when I power down my PC and turn it on again, the GPU shows up again.

It's really frustrating.

GPU: Nvidia GTX 560 (Yes, it's somewhat generations old)
CPU: Intel Pentium G2020
PSU: Cooler Master Elite V3 500W PSU
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
Motherboard: Asus H61M-E

Solution
Any power savers set?

Download, reinstall, and reconfigure the GPU drivers. Be sure to download from the manufacturer's website.

Open the case and check that the GPU and any connection cables are fully and firmly seated.

Try another known working video cable.

Try another known working monitor. (Or a TV that supports computer video input.)

Look in Reliability History for error codes or warnings that occur just before or at the time video signal is lost.

Ralston18

Titan
Any power savers set?

Download, reinstall, and reconfigure the GPU drivers. Be sure to download from the manufacturer's website.

Open the case and check that the GPU and any connection cables are fully and firmly seated.

Try another known working video cable.

Try another known working monitor. (Or a TV that supports computer video input.)

Look in Reliability History for error codes or warnings that occur just before or at the time video signal is lost.

Solution