[SOLVED] GPU suggestion.

Feb 1, 2020
Hey everyone,

Wondering if anyone can help me. I'm new to all this but basically I inherited a PC from my mate when he bought a new one, and I'm looking for ways to easily update it on the cheap.

These are it's specs:

i5 2500k -3.3 ghz
GIGABYTE P67A-UD3-B3
8 GB DDR3 1600MHz
AMD Radeon HD 5570
750w PSU

I've already bought an SSD that I'm going to replace the HDD with and getting Windows 10 so that I can speed it up in that regard, but as you can see the main issue I have is the ancient graphics card that's in the system. I mostly play strategy games, TF2, Skyrim, that sort of thing, but I'd really like to be able to play more modern games better. So basically I have a couple questions: Are there any used sub £50 cards that will seriously improve my performance (I mean with the age of this thing there's probs also sub £30 cards on ebay that will improve on it haha)? Also are there any sub £100 cards that will improve it better still (at this price point though I'd prefer to buy a new card)? And also I would like something like an RX580 eventually when I have the cash, but for the current spec of this PC is that a bit of an overkill, will it just bottleneck massively?

(Also one last unrelated random question regarding another part of the system, that I may as well ask while I'm here. I get 500Mb/s internet at home, but because of the age of the Ethernet port it's pegged down at 100MB/s and will not go higher. Are most Ethernet cards cross compatible with most motherboards or do I have to buy a specific type (my apologies for this nooby question but honestly this is the first time I've ever upgraded a PC, so just making sure I get the right stuff lol!).

Anyways thank you very much guys for any of your help :) Much appreciated :)

Solution
I think even a 750ti would show improvement over that card....lol.
I would think that you could readily find an RX 570/580 near your price point, used.