Richard67

Commendable
Feb 17, 2019
I currently have a Dell OptiPlex 960 and want to change GPUs to run a 32" 4K display and also so I can use three/four monitors if I want.

The Dell currently has a AMD Radeon HD 6570. I want to install a NVIDIA Quadro P400.

Would that be a good swap? The P400 costs £92.40 on Amazon UK. Is it good value for money?

The length of the card is shorter so no problem.

The height is 0.4" more. Is that a problem?

Both are single sot.

Neither require an extra power cable.

The interface is PCIe x16 Gen 3 while the old card is second generation. Problem?

The P400 has a maximum power draw of 30W. The AMD card uses a maximum of 60W. That's good!

What am I missing?

I'm not an expert so your help would be appreciated.
Richard

Solution
Hello,
I use BBC iPlayer, YouTube from the internet. I also use it for Photoshop creative work but not for games.
R.
If you are only using it for some light use at full 4k resolution it should be fine and for the price i cant really think of another card off the top of my head that can pull off 4k res for 100 dollars. Should do well for photoshop as well. If you do end up going for a higher end card though make sure that your power supply has a 8pin pcie connector to power the card.

joetheman001

Prominent
Sep 11, 2019
Hello,
I use BBC iPlayer, YouTube from the internet. I also use it for Photoshop creative work but not for games.
R.
If you are only using it for some light use at full 4k resolution it should be fine and for the price i cant really think of another card off the top of my head that can pull off 4k res for 100 dollars. Should do well for photoshop as well. If you do end up going for a higher end card though make sure that your power supply has a 8pin pcie connector to power the card.

Solution