GPU temp 102 C and crashes and says no signal

Divin_123

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
While playing any game on my pc the monitor crashes and says no signal while the game is still running.I used to play games like GTA V and Far Cry 3 and 4.recently while playing pes 2016 i monitored the GPU temps.It was at 102 C. But some games were running after I underclocked the GPU. later again it starts crashing please help.I use a GT430 with 4GB RAM and 500V PSU.Thanks in advance.

Divin_123

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017

yes they are running .recently i got a guy to use the blower to remove the dust and he removed the gpu applied coconut oil and used the blower on the fan to make sure it is smooth.

Divin_123

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017

Noo.I asked him if it would work properly and he said the fans are running smoothly and it would work fine

Divin_123

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017

Should I overhaul it by myself or get a proffesional and yeah im not calling that guy again

Disagree, if it meets Divin's needs, it is just overheating.

As for changing the paste it's easy, just Google some YouTube videos on how to do it. You will need a proper cleaning fluid for the old paste. In the UK we cannot get the high % alcohol so depends what you can get.

Divin_123

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017

Thnx For helping are u surree This is the problem??????

InvalidError

Titan

As long as high temperature didn't permanently damage it. You won't know until you put proper thermal paste on it and see if that gets rid of crashes.

Most digital chips don't like operating at temperatures much above 90C.