• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question GPU Temp for 1060

Aug 18, 2019
Hi Guys,

Good morning / evening, need your professional opinion regarding GPU Temp,

These are the specs that I have right now currently

AMD Ryzen 7 1700
Stock AMD Ryzen Wraith Spire cooler
MSI B350m Mortar Tomahawk
Corsair Vengeance RGB 16gb (8x2)
Galax GTX 1060 6gb OC DUAL Fan
PSU Corsair CX650m
Deepcool EARLKASE Full size TOWER
RAMSTA SSD S680 120gb
Toshiba 2TB HDD 8200RPM

So basically, I changed the thermal paste for the GPU which is the GTX 1060 6gb OC Galax, since it was already dried up, using a ID-Cooling TG15 thermal paste 8.5W/*k Brand since it's affordable. did a Stress Test to see if it's throttling or any GPU Temp issues.

After the test done for 1hr which by the way I used the OCCT GPU stress test, it was running at 80c to 82c degrees Celsius at full load, I was wondering if this is normal for a GPU to operate at that temperature?

and I also ran several games as well such as Crysis 3, Quantum Break, PUBG, and several other games as well, they are running at 75 to 80 degrees are these normal temperatures for a GPU? or it should be lower than that temp?

On the GALAX website they claim that on Demanding Games it can get 65c I hope got this correctly saw it on their website.

Any IDEAS? or Info please help me out.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS