Question GPU temp is missing on MSI Afterburner

Mar 19, 2022
Hello guys, so I had MSI Afterburner for like 2 years and everything was fine it shows everything on the screen (CPU/GPU temps, usage, ram and etc...) until recently like a week ago I noticed that my GPU temps are not showing anymore. when I checked settings I couldn't find GPU temperature in the display options nor GPU usage but I can still find GPU clock speed furthermore MSI still displays GPU Temp on the main UI when I launch the software.
it's really bothering me since its getting hotter and I started playing more demanding games I want to keep track of temperatures. I tried updating GPU drivers, updating windows 10, and re-installing MSI Afterburner but I still can't figure out how to find the GPU Temp option again. Please help me out!!
my GPU is GTX 1650 Max-Q Design, I'm using MSI GF-63 THIN laptop.
KJ4qvvk.png

i_ninja_92

Reputable
Aug 25, 2017
I have the same problem too. Having the GPU under load and then launching afterburner seems to have brought it back. But I've been getting some bsods since. Not sure if it's related or not.

Mar 19, 2022
I have the same problem too. Having the GPU under load and then launching afterburner seems to have brought it back. But I've been getting some bsods since. Not sure if it's related or not.
exactly, I found out that if you run the game first then run MSI afterburner Temp readings will be displayed, meeeeh that will work for me for now. i think its related to some windows or GPU drivers updates...

hawkerv1

Prominent
Nov 4, 2020
Hello guys, so I had MSI Afterburner for like 2 years and everything was fine it shows everything on the screen (CPU/GPU temps, usage, ram and etc...) until recently like a week ago I noticed that my GPU temps are not showing anymore. when I checked settings I couldn't find GPU temperature in the display options nor GPU usage but I can still find GPU clock speed furthermore MSI still displays GPU Temp on the main UI when I launch the software.
it's really bothering me since its getting hotter and I started playing more demanding games I want to keep track of temperatures. I tried updating GPU drivers, updating windows 10, and re-installing MSI Afterburner but I still can't figure out how to find the GPU Temp option again. Please help me out!!
my GPU is GTX 1650 Max-Q Design, I'm using MSI GF-63 THIN laptop.
KJ4qvvk.png
I have the same laptop and the same issue with with afterburner, it is acting weird from few months like some OSD options starts to show on screen even if I have not turned it on. Some disappear and appear after restart. Now GPU temps is gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JackFr0st
Mar 19, 2022
I have the same laptop and the same issue with with afterburner, it is acting weird from few months like some OSD options starts to show on screen even if I have not turned it on. Some disappear and appear after restart. Now GPU temps is gone.
MSI is becoming meeh past few years ...