ScreperisLT

Reputable
Feb 12, 2020
Hello, my GPU runs at 80C without overclocking it. The model is GTX 760 MSI N760-2GD5/OC . Because it is really heating, i have a question.
Can i run my GPU fan at 100%? I don't want the fan to break really quick so i am asking.

Solution
Should be fine to ramp up your fan speeds for long durations, that's what it's designed to do. It will probably last up to 5 years at full speed rather than 8 at stock however since it wears on the bearings - but 5 years is plenty of time before you need an upgrade. It will become pretty noisy however, so prepare for that.

Also 80c is pretty normal for a GPU at stock fan and clock speeds, it's 85 and above that you start seeing heavy throttling.
Should be fine to ramp up your fan speeds for long durations, that's what it's designed to do. It will probably last up to 5 years at full speed rather than 8 at stock however since it wears on the bearings - but 5 years is plenty of time before you need an upgrade. It will become pretty noisy however, so prepare for that.

Also 80c is pretty normal for a GPU at stock fan and clock speeds, it's 85 and above that you start seeing heavy throttling.

Solution