[SOLVED] Gpu temp

Solution
Zotac rtx 2060 super min in a h510 case and after I changed my fan curve I get like 75 c while playing apex or mw in uncapped FPS low settings

Nvidia lists the max temperature at 89c for that card so 75c should be safe

Keep in mind if your video card is spitting out 300 frames per second your monitor can't refresh that fast unless you got some crazy 300hz monitor

So capping FPS could be beneficial if you're worried about temperatures

Furzumz

Reputable
Uncapped FPS means more heat as you're letting your GPU render as many frames as it can possibly manage. It's not uncommon for this to peg GPU's at 100% usage at all times in games even in the menu screen.

For example my 2070 super instantly jumps to 100% usage in Vermintide 2's menu screen and heats up to ~72c. Then when I hop in the game the FPS cap setting kicks in and my GPU usage + temperatures instantly start reducing.

Lowering the settings will simply allow the video card to spit out even higher FPS, thus making lowering settings pointless with uncapped FPS if your goal is to reduce heat.

TL;DR: Capped FPS is the way to go if you want lower temperatures.

Furzumz

Reputable
Zotac rtx 2060 super min in a h510 case and after I changed my fan curve I get like 75 c while playing apex or mw in uncapped FPS low settings

Nvidia lists the max temperature at 89c for that card so 75c should be safe

Keep in mind if your video card is spitting out 300 frames per second your monitor can't refresh that fast unless you got some crazy 300hz monitor

So capping FPS could be beneficial if you're worried about temperatures

Last edited:
Solution