Question GPU temperature limits won't stick

Jul 21, 2019
I set the temperature limit to 75 degrees in MSI After burner for my GTX 1080 but the temperature regularly reaches above 80c.

This had been working fine for months and I'm not sure how to fix it, anyone have any ideas?

Lutfij

Titan
Uninstall your GPU drivers and reinstall the latest drivers found off of Nvidia's support site. Currently it's 431.36. You might also want to list your cases make and model and it's airflow as well as the ambient air temps. Some regions in the world are experiencing heatwaves which might be the cause to your high temps.

Speaking of high temps, what are you taxing the GPU with? Lower the in-game details and see if that brings the temps down...?

Jul 21, 2019
Thanks for your reply. I've tried a reinstall of the nvidia drivers to no avail.
Just to be clear this is for bitcoin mining, I'm trying to limit the temperature to 70c (because the weather is so hot at the moment) using Afterburner. I've optimised the airflow in the case and the temperature limit feature in afterburner has been working just fine, until it suddenly stopped.
What's strange is the temperature limit works fine on my other card a GTX 970