[SOLVED] GPU Temperature not shown in an app allowing me to control chassis fans

Honour3

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
Hi,
I've just upgraded my PC (all except GPU) and historically this GPU has ran quite hot plus I'm considering minor overclocking.

My issue is that I can't find an app that allows me to control chassis fans based on the GPU temperature. In fact, except for GPU-Z or MSI Afterburner, I can't get a read of the GPU temperature at all, though it seems others can (e.g. Task Manager).
I want the lower intake fan to ramp up based on GPU temperature, but I can't find an app by which to do it.
From my reading similar questions/answers, it seems various apps should show my GPU temperature, yet they don't.

The build:
  • GPU: "ZOTAC GTX 670 OC" (retail settings untouched).
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6 Core AM4
  • Mobo: ASUS AMD ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)
  • RAM: Corsair 16GB DDR4 Vengeance LPX 3200MHz (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
  • PSU: Seasonic Focus GX 750 750W Modular 80+ Gold
  • Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 (stock configuration fans: 2 intake, 1 exhaust)
GPU has WDDM 2.7 // Windows 10 build version is 19041 // BIOS was updated for Zen 3 CPU // Latest GPU drivers have installed (clean install, 471.41).

I've never really looked into this until now.
Appreciate your help and hope to learn.

Solution
The only app that I'm aware of, because it's the only that I've used, is NZXT CAM. Except CAM will only work with NZXT's fan controller.

Though in my view, I don't mind that it can't control fans that are connected to the motherboard. Such control typically requires admin privileges to access and because of that, NZXT CAM can run without admin privileges.

I believe Corsair has an alternative solution, with a fan controller and an app. There may be other companies as well.
The only app that I'm aware of, because it's the only that I've used, is NZXT CAM. Except CAM will only work with NZXT's fan controller.

Though in my view, I don't mind that it can't control fans that are connected to the motherboard. Such control typically requires admin privileges to access and because of that, NZXT CAM can run without admin privileges.

I believe Corsair has an alternative solution, with a fan controller and an app. There may be other companies as well.

Solution