gpu temprature increasing

Mohamed_140

Reputable
Apr 8, 2017
Hi, i have dell inspiron 5559 laptop
spec: intel core i5 - amd r5 m335 - 8gb ram - 500 gb hard disk
while gaming i noticed that the cpu temp is getting close to 90c and the gpu temp is 70+c causing fps drop so i cleaned the dust from both cpu and gpu and put a new thermal paste
after that the cpu works perfectly and the temp becomes 70c -80c while gaming but the gpu temp becomes too high it now becomes 90+c, i opened the laptop while gaming to see if the fan not working but it was working well but gpu-z program reading was the fan speed is only 20% so what is problem here ? can it be the bios ? do i have to reset it or update it ?

Solution

Dont you worry, there is a solution to that:
1st-Suggestion : Purchase a Cooling base: A cooling base will add extra refrigeration to your Laptop and will help out with the temps. For example: Cooling Base

2nd- Downlaod Thinkpad Fan Control which is a program specially designed for laptops fan control. And it may be able to bypass the limitations over the fans.

I hope this solved your issue.
Good luck!

Ramlethal

Estimable
First of anything none of those temps are OK. you should actually worry about.
90C on a CPU is critical Temp, most I5 runs from 60-80 degrees as safe temps. 85 is the max temperature you can reach.
as for the GPU, those temps are fine for an AMD R5 M335 since it can go up to 100 degrees.
I think the problem is here: Since your CPU was running WAY TOO HOT, it was thermal throattling and it made bottleneck your R5 m335, you should observe a slight to moderate performance increasse too. So basically you are now using the 100% of it.
Anyways, its still a high temp (anyways, AMD products known as ati in therms of graphics, tend to run very very hot). I would download MSI Afterburner and manually adjust the fans to 100% so it will lower the temps by 10~14 degrees.

Mohamed_140

Reputable
Apr 8, 2017
thanks for the reply but i already downloaded msi afterburner but i found that i can't control fan speed
i searched for reason then i found that some laptops don't support fan control

Ramlethal

Estimable

Dont you worry, there is a solution to that:
1st-Suggestion : Purchase a Cooling base: A cooling base will add extra refrigeration to your Laptop and will help out with the temps. For example: Cooling Base

2nd- Downlaod Thinkpad Fan Control which is a program specially designed for laptops fan control. And it may be able to bypass the limitations over the fans.

I hope this solved your issue.
Good luck!

Solution