[SOLVED] GPU temps too high?

samysoony

Prominent
Dec 28, 2018
I've got a Gigabyte GTX 1060, it runs at 55°C to 60°C idle and 75°C to 85°C under load. I'm planning on overclocking the card but I'm not sure if the temps would be too high.

I'm running a Corsair SPEC-04 CASE with 2 ML120 120 mm fans inside, one at the front for intake, and one at the rear for exhaust. Would It be too risky to overclock the card?

Solution
Temps are a little high alright. Mind idles around 30-32 and gets to a max of 65c playing BF V. It's a dual fan EVGA, so not top cooling.

Check the card make sure the fans are spinning okay. Clear it out with some compressed air. Could just have gotten a little dusty and not dissipating the heat properly. It'also possible the thermal paste is failing, so you might want to consider that at some point.

You could also try set a manual fan curve through MSI afterburner, so your fans spin faster at certain temps. This will help reduce max tamps.

The GPU is fine to go 85c. It won't do any harm. But your temps are on the high side.
Temps are a little high alright. Mind idles around 30-32 and gets to a max of 65c playing BF V. It's a dual fan EVGA, so not top cooling.

Check the card make sure the fans are spinning okay. Clear it out with some compressed air. Could just have gotten a little dusty and not dissipating the heat properly. It'also possible the thermal paste is failing, so you might want to consider that at some point.

You could also try set a manual fan curve through MSI afterburner, so your fans spin faster at certain temps. This will help reduce max tamps.

The GPU is fine to go 85c. It won't do any harm. But your temps are on the high side.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS