GPU temps too hot?

joshywalrus

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017
Hi! So I never tracked the temps of my PC in general other than my CPU. Today I decided to clean out my case and move my corsair h100i v2 to the front of my case, taking the air from the case and pushing it through the radiator. Then I have two fans on the top of my case pulling air in, and a fan in the back taking air out.

Specs:
Intel i5 6600k OC to 4.7 GHz
PNY 16GB DDR4 Ram
Asus A170
EVGA 850 W PSU
GTX 1070 FE
Corsair h100i V2

My first question is, is that a fine setup? Should everything inside other than my CPU be cool enough like that? When I opened my case it seemed to be a lot hotter than before...

My second question is, based off of Cam, it's saying that with 1% load, my GPU is 51°C and while playing PUBG, I was at 83°C and at 90% load. Fan speeds on the card at idle are around 1400 and while gaming it jumped to 2000+.

joshywalrus

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017

Understandable, that's what i have read. Is there anything i could do to lower this?

Moving your radiator to the front will indeed make the GPU a little bit hotter because A. Air is a tad bit hotter coming out of the radiator than ambient, B. Air going thru radiator produces far less airflow because the static pressure fans can't push air hard enough thru the rad to make good airflow.

But this all depends on the case, if your case is well ventilated (not even talking about lots of fans), GPU temp can be identical no matter what radiator position you use. Or if your using a very enclosed case like the Phanteks P400S, you will get some higher temps for sure.

Only way to lower temps is to increase fan speed.

joshywalrus

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017

Hasha that's kinda of funny because that is indeed the case that I currently have. So should I have the h100i taking air in or out if I'm going to have it in the front?