[SOLVED] gpu that suits for me...

Nov 25, 2019
my pc has spec:

ryzen 5 2400g
8gb ram 3200hz
bitfenix whisper 550w
720p monitor (later i'll upgrade to 1080p)

currently, i learn to make a simple, really simple game (using unity, blender, etc), i consider buying discrete gpu because my application always freeze and bsod (code: video tdr failure atimkpag), asked the tutor, they said to buy discrete gpu. i have several questions:

1. is vega 11 the real culprit to my problem? i mean, i still feel it can handle the given task
  2. if yes, what should i buy? gtx 1650 super or rx 580? or wait for rx 5500? is it worth?

thank you, i need a guide because, you know, i build this pc this year, thinking i dont need gpu upgrade this year, but likely i wrong.. (read: lack of money)

Solution
That is odd. AMD hasn't had a great track record with drivers lately, so it could just be that. Though nothing says your game itself isn't the problem, doing something the GPU doesn't like.

Is your BIOS up to date?
Make sure your system memory is stable at 3200Mhz, maybe give it a little bump in voltage to see if that helps.
Always be monitoring temperatures. If the APU is overheating, it may crash.

As for picking out a discrete GPU, well, getting Nvidia would let you test against AMD and Nvida...so I would lean in that direction.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That is odd. AMD hasn't had a great track record with drivers lately, so it could just be that. Though nothing says your game itself isn't the problem, doing something the GPU doesn't like.

Is your BIOS up to date?
Make sure your system memory is stable at 3200Mhz, maybe give it a little bump in voltage to see if that helps.
Always be monitoring temperatures. If the APU is overheating, it may crash.

As for picking out a discrete GPU, well, getting Nvidia would let you test against AMD and Nvida...so I would lean in that direction.

Solution