[SOLVED] Gpu Thermal Throthelling

Sep 19, 2020
So I was just playing the division 1 today and just wanted to check my gpu temps and I saw like 93 and I was like tf after that I opened msi afterburner and now my card won't go over 60 degrees and I'm getting no frames what is this?
My rig is GTX 1060 6G
I5-8400

Solution
So I would reinstall the newest drivers for your GPU with DDU. It is a fast and potential solution.

I would also try removing and reinstalling MSI AB to get rid of any framerate limits you may have unintentionally set, or try to go through all the settings to find such options if they exist.

Another thing you can do is check your windows Power Plan and make sure that the setting for pcie power management is set to no power savings.
So I would reinstall the newest drivers for your GPU with DDU. It is a fast and potential solution.

I would also try removing and reinstalling MSI AB to get rid of any framerate limits you may have unintentionally set, or try to go through all the settings to find such options if they exist.

Another thing you can do is check your windows Power Plan and make sure that the setting for pcie power management is set to no power savings.

Last edited:
Solution
Sep 19, 2020

Anotehr thing you can do is check your windows Power Plan and make sure that the setting for pci power managment is set to no power savings.
So my pc works when msi ab is closed