[SOLVED] GPU throttlling when using peripherals

Feb 4, 2019
Hey everyone I'm new here so please forgive me for any errors!

I built a pc a few weeks ago, my first build and everything was working fine until a few days ago, my gpu began throttling when both using the gpu and using peripherals. I have been running Furmark, Cinebench, and Heaven benchmarking softwares and I get great scores, if i watch the benchmark run..when using the mouse at all, the gpu lags to about around 5 frames in Furmark, when it was running at 140. Similarly, gaming was great, but the lag and throttles are unforgiving.

I run two monitors and watch the pc specs while gaming or benchmarking, and can see the gpu lag spike to around 5-10% usage, when it was around 95% before the spike.

I've checked all the drivers (i believe) and i think all the hardware is connected properly. Please help!! Thanks in advance!

PC Specs:
cpu: Ryzen 5 2600 @ 4.1 Ghz & 1.425 volts
mobo: asrock b450m pro 4
gpu: evga 2070 xc black
ram: 2 8gb corsair vengence lpx ram sticks @ 2933
ssd: crucial 500 gb & 1 tb mx500
psu: evga g3 650w gold

Solution
lets try a lot of things:

• disable shader cache
    jhfmbSh5PwjcZ4fwXNwkTjz27IM5eNtxGrnB8PPv18U.jpg

disable virtual memory for HDD
    122094d1487607005-manage-virtual-memory-pagefile-windows-10-a-custom_paging_file_for_drive-1.jpg

reinstall GPU driver
    install previous version of GPU driver
Feb 4, 2019

Thank you Traditore! turning shader Cache off was the solution..I reinstalled the drivers and tested Furmark a few more times and I'm good to go! your response is much appreciated, and I'll be sure to be back with any other help!

glad we were able to place a finger on solution quickly. have a good gaming time.