[SOLVED] GPU to play Amazing Frog and Beamng

elsmandino

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Hi there.

I am after a GPU that can play these games but have no idea what to look for - plus the GPU used market looks a bit of a mess at the moment.

What are the cheapest GPUs I could get to play these games on lowish settings?

Btw - I have a 350W PSU, which probably doesn't help things (though it is a SuperFlower Golden Green).

Thanks very much.

Solution
Have a look into a 1050TI. You should be able to find a relativley decent one for cheap and should also have enough headroom with a 350W PSU (depending on the rest of your components)

elsmandino

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Perfect thanks very much for that.

I thought I would just add my other specs (just in case it is a problem).

I currently have a B85M-E45 motherboard with a G1850, 4 sticks of DDR3 RAM, 3 SSDs, 1 HDD and a case fan.

I was hoping to swap the lowly G1850 for Xeon E3 v3 - that should still be OK, shouldn't it?

I have just been looking at Ebay for the 1050TI and they seem to have a value of around £80.00 (about $110). Out of interest what was the value of one of these cards before all this fiasco with the inflated GPU prices?

I have never had a need for a GPU until now but I remember seeing used but decent cards for considerably less as soon as they became a few years old.

SMARTZ921

Honorable
Jul 29, 2016
Personally I wouldn't bother with the Xenon. They're more for servers rather than gaming. If it were me I'd save up for an i7 4790 and maybe up the PSU to a 500W. The used market at the moment is a dumpster fire however you just need to keep looking until you find the right seller.

Out of interest what was the value of one of these cards before all this fiasco with the inflated GPU prices?
I am unsure. I try to stay out of the used market myself.