[SOLVED] GPU too big for case/mobo

BPR96

Reputable
Apr 3, 2020
I used PC part picker before I purchased my build, I chose the Antec NX400 case and an RTX 2070 Tri Frozr. I am using a Tomahawk B450 Max mobo

The site said there is no issues so I thought all is well, upon trying to install the GPU today I have noticed that the PCI slot is smaller than the connector on the GPU as well as the screw holes aren’t lining up correctly.

I purchased the GPU on the 08/04/2020 will I be able to return it for a refund? It hasn’t been installed or used

Solution
That big GPU will sag a bit and the wiggling is normal. The way to fix this is to buy an anti-sag bracket.

Your GPU is installed now. You can proceed with the rest.

BPR96

Reputable
Apr 3, 2020
What do you mean the PCIe slot is too small?

Looking at the specs of both the case and card there is nothing that should prevent the card from fitting. The card is 304mm long and the case supports up to 330mm lengths.

i will try to provide pictures for you, I ensured that there weren’t any issues before purchasing but it doesn’t seem like it fits the case, let me take a picture and I’ll upload it for you. Two seconds

BPR96

Reputable
Apr 3, 2020
Why can't we see the GPU connectors? Did you remove the connectors plastic protector? If you didn't remove it that will explain why you think it's too big for the slot :)
I haven’t removed any protective covers yet, but don’t you think it looks to wide to fit into the slots on the back of the case?

BPR96

Reputable
Apr 3, 2020
Can I have a picture of the metal piece you removed. I want to see if that piece help locking the GPU in place after you screw the GPU in the holes or if you need to screw the GPU with the metal piece you removed. It helps when you have the case manual explaining this part.

Btw you have the place now to put the GPU in.

BPR96

Reputable
Apr 3, 2020
Can I have a picture of the metal piece you removed. I want to see if that piece help locking the GPU in place after you screw the GPU in the holes or if you need to screw the GPU with the metal piece you removed. It helps when you have the case manual explaining this part.

Btw you have the place now to put the GPU in.

hi I managed to get the GPU in the case, I’m not sure if the bracket I took off should have went back on, Can you double check these pictures and let me know if this is okay, thanks a lot for your help!

View: https://imgur.com/a/TxthCT6

If you heard the "click" of the GPU PCie slot clip at the end closing it's seated in the slot now.

As for the metal piece you removed I can't tell because I have not seen that piece backside. I just saw it from the inside the case when it was not removed. For me to tell if you have to put it back I have to see it.

But seeing how it create a big hole in the case you probably have to put it back. Can you? Is the screw in the way now? If it's not just place it back where it was.

BPR96

Reputable
Apr 3, 2020
If you heard the "click" of the GPU PCie slot clip at the end closing it's seated in the slot now.

As for the metal piece you removed I can't tell because I have not seen that piece backside. I just saw it from the inside the case when it was not removed. For me to tell if you have to put it back I have to see it.

But seeing how it create a big hole in the case you probably have to put it back. Can you? Is the screw in the way now? If it's not just place it back where it was.
I heard a click, but if I wiggle the GPU there is a slight bit of movement, is this normal?

the metal bracket I took off i have put it on the other side around I’m not sure if this makes any difference, I’m not sure what its purpose is though.

View: https://imgur.com/a/I9njLE8