Question GPU TWEAK CRASHES MY PC

King Zapata

Prominent
Oct 24, 2022
Hello everybody.

So i finally upgrade my GPU, i got a 2060 OC from ASUS and is working great.

However i had a small problem that i think i solved.

I decided to download gpu tweak 3 as i used to use it with my dead past gpu which was a 1080ti, WELL it didnt worked well.

as soon as i switched to OC MODE it started crashing my games, RDR2 AT 4K, Modern Warfare it even crashed wallpaper engine, a little time after that it will just go black screen and just be there needing a manual reset.

it took me a while but noticing gpu tweak was my newer software i started testing and yes, OC mode crash my pc and the OC SCAN crash it too, normal mode on the other hand works just flawless, in fact when in OC MODE cod went from 75 frames to 70, and in normal mode it went back to 75 which is weird.

in the end i decided to check if i installed the newer one and after i noticed i did all good thought the best choice was to just uninstall it and now my pc works flawless, did some photoshop, played RDR 4K and triple monitor COD for some hours and all good so far.

So maybe this is naive from me but wouldnt owning a OC gpu in theory would let it manage a simple OC MODE from asus? and even better give me more frames than less

Any theory or advice or software suggestion, thanks in advance.

OC means that the GPU is already overclocked by the manufacturer. All further overclocking can work, but still doesn´t have to.

some things that could help to provide better overclock-ability:

reinstall the latest drivers from nvidia.com and chose the option clean install
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/supp...DIA-Quadro-display-adapter-device-driver.html

additionally update your motherboard´s BIOS

try the gpu tweak utility or MSI afterburner

which power supply are you using?

PEnns

Reputable
Apr 25, 2020
Your GPU is already overclocked by the manufacturer.

And as you have noticed, you've reached the point where further overclocking is not working.

Just enjoy your card as is. the manufacturer did all the work for you.

King Zapata

Prominent
Oct 24, 2022
OC means that the GPU is already overclocked by the manufacturer. All further overclocking can work, but still doesn´t have to.

some things that could help to provide better overclock-ability:

reinstall the latest drivers from nvidia.com and chose the option clean install
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/supp...DIA-Quadro-display-adapter-device-driver.html

additionally update your motherboard´s BIOS

try the gpu tweak utility or MSI afterburner

which power supply are you using?

Newest drivers at the moment of crashing and a seasonic 1050x gold 80

King Zapata

Prominent
Oct 24, 2022
Your GPU is already overclocked by the manufacturer.

And as you have noticed, you've reached the point where further overclocking is not working.

Just enjoy your card as is. the manufacturer did all the work for you.

Yeah i ended thinking that cause I actually get really good numbers with this card for 200 dollars, it handles cod triple monitor in ultra Ray tracing 54 frames so no complains.

Overclocking a gpu can be a whole lot of issues, for little gain, in actual games.

Yeah true that

King Zapata

Prominent
Oct 24, 2022
Stop trying to overclock it and leave it as is. As others said sounds like Asus already overclocked it for you.

yeah as i replied to a post before reading yours, thats what i am going to do, only will try the gpu for somedays without "extra oc" to make sure it was the extra oc the problem and not a faulty gpu..