GPU under stress kills my internet

Oct 9, 2018
video card: GTX 1060
PCI-E wireless card: ASUS PCE-AC51

I will start by saying that everything was going well. My internet is not great, so I was having the usual signal losses but nothing significant. My connection is WIFI only and I didn't have any problems in the past 6 months or more.

A couple of days ago I installed into my motherboard (GIGABYTE P55-UD6) a PCI-E USB 3.0 card from DIGITUS. This is when everything goes south. After the installation of the PCI-E USB card, my computer saw all the components and ran as usual.

The first problem I noticed was that whenever I was plugging any USB in the PIC-E USB device, my internet would stop working. First dropping signal, and shortly after disconnecting all together from the network

The second problem was after I removed the PCI-E USB card from the motherboard, uninstalled the driver, but soon I realized that whenever I would turn on any game, the internet would die again. second after quitting the game, the internet would again start working.

After several, PCI-e ports swaps on my Asus wirelss card, nothing changed. I reinstalled my windows thinking that my it's a driver issue but the problem did not go away. Whenever I put my GPU under a stress test application, the internet stops working, if I try to reconnect to the wireless network, it doesn't connect until I remove the heavy load from the GPU.

Do you have any advice of how to go around this extremely irritating problem?

Thanks ey lot!!