[SOLVED] GPU underpeforming-

Sep 29, 2020
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/33552201

pc specs are shown above. i feel like my gpu is underperforming. i watch benchmarks on cod warzone and they get 150+ avg fps on highest settings rtx off while i get 120-130 fps. the benchmarks that i watched run on i9 9900ks but i dont think that justifies that 20 fps difference. pls advice on how to improve my gpu performance

Solution
120 fps is still good. You should hang onto your current hardware until it gives you unsatisfactory results in games that matter to you. When that happens, that is the time to upgrade.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/33552201

pc specs are shown above. i feel like my gpu is underperforming. i watch benchmarks on cod warzone and they get 150+ avg fps on highest settings rtx off while i get 120-130 fps. the benchmarks that i watched run on i9 9900ks but i dont think that justifies that 20 fps difference. pls advice on how to improve my gpu performance

The difference between your B-series motherboard and a stock i7-8700 verses their setup completely justifies the 20 fps difference.

Your GPU isn't underperforming, your CPU is holding it back.

logainofhades

Titan
The difference between your B-series motherboard and a stock i7-8700 verses their setup completely justifies the 20 fps difference.

Your GPU isn't underperforming, your CPU is holding it back.

Seeing some recent reviews, I would say the ram speed is holding them back even more. An R3 3300x, with 3200mhz ram, can beat an i5 10400, which is also 6c/12t, with 2666 ram, in gaming. Until Intel can get with the times, I can no longer recommend their locked platforms.

Seeing some recent reviews, I would say the ram speed is holding them back even more. An R3 3300x, with 3200mhz ram, can beat an i5 10400, which is also 6c/12t, with 2666 ram, in gaming. Until Intel can get with the times, I can no longer recommend their locked platforms.

Yeah, the only Intel build that makes sense in 2020 is a high-end one. If you can't afford at least a 10600k and a Z490 motherboard, you're better served building a Ryzen at every other price point.

Whether its the CPU or the RAM that is causing the difference in fps (probably both) there are way too many variances between the two builds to expect similar results.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Sep 29, 2020
Yeah, the only Intel build that makes sense in 2020 is a high-end one. If you can't afford at least a 10600k and a Z490 motherboard, you're better served building a Ryzen at every other price point.

Whether its the CPU or the RAM that is causing the difference in fps (probably both) there are way too many variances between the two builds to expect similar results.

Hmm okay. I just recently upgraded my gpu from 1060. I bought my pc 2 years ago thats why Im still using an i7 8700. I dont think I want to upgrade my cpu yet cus that will make me upgrade the mobo also. Should I just upgrade my ram based on what u said? and if I do get, say 8gbx2 3200mhz ram, would i still he able to use my old ram and slot them in on the other slots?