Question Gpu underperforming

Jonaking

Prominent
Mar 3, 2019
I have a gtx 1050ti with 8 gb ram and an AMD A8-7600 R7. I can only play fortnite with medium setting and I get 100fps and offen the maps don’t load in. Many people get a lot more FPS than me with higher settings. In task Manager my cpu usage is rather high and sometimes it is my gpu which is rather high but usually it’s my cpu I need help to figure this out

What are you comparing your FPS'es to?

Blanket statements are hardly useful, but I can tell you right off the bat an APU is not a proper CPU for discrete GPUs. They're low end CPUs with a GPU for convenience, more often than not and, particular yours, is a Bulldozer-based one (PD, but same idea anyway).

And just in the good etiquette sense, can you list your full specs, please?

Cheers!

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

Jonaking

Prominent
Mar 3, 2019
I and comparing my FPS to vids on YouTube and friends who also have a 1050 ti. I am new to this subject and don’t know what an APU is

Specs:
Gtx 1050ti
AMD A8-7600 R7
8GB ddr3 ram
Corsair TX 750M
Gigabyte GA-F2A78M-DS2

How could I fix this problem and I’m sorry about my lack of knowledge on this subject

Well, I can tell you the A8-7600 is not really a gaming CPU, so you can't expect it to perform great in demanding games.

On the other hand, and complementing the above, when you're comparing video cards, it is important to know which underlying CPU they're using (as well as RAM and RAM speed).

Here are some numbers for that specific CPU that may help you put into context where the CPU+GPU combination you have should land: https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1270

And how it compares to an i5 2500K (a 2012 CPU): https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1270?vs=288

EDIT: Sorry, this is to say your CPU may be the cause of your poor performance.

Cheers!

So I should maybe get a new cpu and 16gb ram that would help? Anyway thx for your help
As said above, that would be a good idea, yes. You can get away with making a really cheap build and you'll have a noticeable performance jump.

With a Ryzen3 1200/2200G (or better), 16GB of 2400Mhz+ RAM and a B450 motherboard you'll have stellar performance for little cost.

Cheers!