Status
Not open for further replies.

zombiesoul

Honorable
Oct 13, 2014
I was using Resident Evil 2 remake to check Gpu Undervolt, after a few tries I got it to stop shutting pc off but after a few minutes of playing game crashes I have mostly everything at Max graphics settings including 200 percent image quality. So my question: if I am undervolting or overclocking would that be a sign to change numbers or is it just because settings are too high for gpu to support on the game itself? note:(only game crashes not pc )

intel i9 9900k
Gskill trident z 16gb
Asrock z390 phantom gaming sli/ac
Amd radeon VII 16 gb
Corsair RM 850x psu

Last edited:

zombiesoul

Honorable
Oct 13, 2014
Those are some nice components. What temps are you seeing while gaming?
on high quality graphics
Mboard = 40 celsius
CPU = doesnt pass 51
Radeon VII= Averages 43 c and peak reaches 50 c

VII junction temp=Averages 49 c peak @ 59 celsius

ON Ultra quality graphics without 200 % image quality (rendering Scale)
Mboard = 42 Celsius
CPU = doesn't pass 51
Radeon VII = Averages at 51celsius, peak @ 57 c
Junction temp = Average at 60 c, peak at 80c

With 200% image quality and max graphics
Mboard = 44 Celsius
CPU = doesn't pass 51celsius
Radeon VII = Averages 53 Celsius , peak at 63 Celsius
Junction temp = Averages 64, peak at 91celsius

oliver.elgersma

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
Those temps are pretty low? Check cpu and gpu usage using msi afterburners osd.

You should stress test your components using Furmark or Prime95 because it will show you more then a game does. Also, if it’s just crashing that’s happening then validate the files of the game. Assuming your playing on steam right click on the game and select properties from the menu. Select the local files tab and click Verify integrity of game cache.

zombiesoul

Honorable
Oct 13, 2014
Those temps are pretty low? Check cpu and gpu usage using msi afterburners osd.

You should stress test your components using Furmark or Prime95 because it will show you more then a game does. Also, if it’s just crashing that’s happening then validate the files of the game. Assuming your playing on steam right click on the game and select properties from the menu. Select the local files tab and click Verify integrity of game cache.

I did use the MSI afterburner but it seemed to fight against the amd wattman manual fan setup, but HWmonitor and Wattman gave me more than I need. Although I did keep Kombuster since you don't actually need the Afterburner to run the stress test.
But I did have the GPU clocks at default along with a little undervoltage when I ran that last test and it didnt crash but I think the problem was the game, I forgot about the file verification in Steam and Resident Evil 2 was missing 2 files and after that it was fine. The game even ran a little better at the 200 percent image quality but I will still keep it low. But Thanks for your input , and I have yet to try the Furmark or Prime95 I will check these out next time I play around with this. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.