Question GPU Upgrade advice

Andyharris84

Prominent
Jul 5, 2019
Hi there,

I have recently just built my first PC but I stopped short of upgrading the GPU as my brother had donated me his Radeon 290X. I've been playing most titles without any hiccups but I know this is the area of my build which is going to let me down so thinking about an upgrade in the not too distant future. I tend to play FPS's and will definitely be buying the new Halo Infinite, CyberPunk and Total War so want to make sure I have a capable card. Currently, I only have a 1080p monitor but I'll also be getting a 4K screen towards the end of the year. Any recommendations for a card that is going to last me the next few years playing AAA games on decent settings without me paying a total sh*t ton of money? I suspect if I'm sporting a new beefier GPU I'll likely need to step up my cooling too? I'm currently sporting 4 x 120 mm Corsair HD fans and the stock fan on my CPU.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks all

Current specs
AMD Ryzen 5 3600x
Corsair 16GB RAM @ 3200hz
MPG X570 Gaming Plus
1TB SSD

tbh I'd wait as for all we know RTX 30 series (Ampere) may be on the horizon then but keep an eye on the RTX 2060 SUPER if you want a little more power then the RTX 2070 SUPER is also a good look if you don't care for ray tracing get the RX 5700

(EDIT Didn't see the 4K part)
RTX 2080 the RTX 2080 Ti or waiting for the Ampere 80 (maybe 70?) GPU.

Reactions: Andyharris84