[SOLVED] GPU upgrade advice

Apr 29, 2020
I currently have a AMD Ryzen 7 1700x cpu and an AMD RX 580 graphics card. I was thinking about upgrading to one of the Nvidia RTX 20 series, possibly the 2060 super, because I stream my gameplay and the playback sticks a little every now and then and I’ve read the rtx 20 series has a separate processor on the gpu to encode so it by passes the cpu and should stream better wuality? Suggestions?

Solution
The only compatibility issue you need to consider with any GPU in a modern system is power consumption. If you are upgrading your GPU, or adding one, you need to make sure your PSU is strong enough to handle it. However, the 2060S draws a similar amount of power to your current GPU, so you will be fine.
The only compatibility issue you need to consider with any GPU in a modern system is power consumption. If you are upgrading your GPU, or adding one, you need to make sure your PSU is strong enough to handle it. However, the 2060S draws a similar amount of power to your current GPU, so you will be fine.

Solution