[SOLVED] GPU upgrade but it won't perform well

May 15, 2020
My friend just upgrade his Graphic Card from GTX 950 to RTX 2060, but the performance are not increasing. He still got the same fps as he has before. He's already install the lasted graphic card driver.

The rest of the specs are:
CPU : i5-4460
Motherboard : H97-Pro Gamer
Ram : 8 gb ddr3

Any clue that might be the cause of this problem?

Solution
CPU limitation.
16GB RAM could help. Especially if the existing 8GB is a single stick.

What game(s). What in-game quality settings?
May 25, 2020
Example if you plug the graphic card in the wrong slot and ran it at 8X The card with still outperform the older card. The CPU Would only affect your performance around 10%. If I benchmark my 1080TI in my 8X slot there is no noticeable difference. If I run it in my older computer I have like I said around a 10% difference. What size is the monitor and what resolution are you running it at that will affect the performance. Are you sure that you have a 2060?. If you have display your card is working. There is a possibility that it's defective but I've never seen it under perform and still work. Unless a it was under clocking due to heat. Reseat all the Power connections and the graphic card make sure it's plugged in to the top PCI express slot. If it is a cheap card it could be a counterfeit gtx 1060.