[SOLVED] GPU upgrade for Skyrim with mods?

My friend plays Skyrim with mods, but would now like to max out the graphics settings. Which GPU upgrade would be recommended to max out this game at 1080p @ 60 FPS?

Also, what other upgrades would you suggest? Skyrim is an older title, even with mods, so does upgrading the RAM to 16 or 32GB aid in maxing out the game?

** specs **

1080p 60 Hz display
Intel core i7-7700
mb: B250 chipset
8GB DDR4 (1 x 8GB)
gtx 1050
psu: Aerocool VX-500W; she will purchase a Seasonic Focus GX PSU with the GPU upgrade.

Last edited:
Solution
My friend plays Skyrim with mods, but would now like to max out the graphics settings. Which GPU upgrade would be recommended to max out this game at 1080p @ 60 FPS?

Also, what other upgrades would you suggest? Skyrim is an older title, even with mods, so does upgrading the RAM to 16 or 32GB aid in maxing out the game?

** specs **

1080p 60 Hz display
Intel core i7-7700
8GB DDR4 (1 x 8GB)
gtx 1050
psu: Aerocool VX-500W; she will purchase a Seasonic Focus GX PSU with the GPU upgrade.

1. Buy a second 8 GB stick of RAM. She needs 2 identical sticks of RAM for dual channel memory which is important. 8 GB of RAM isn't considered enough, 32 GB is overkill for most people.

2. As far as GPU is...

** specs **

1080p 60 Hz display
Intel core i7-7700
8GB DDR4 (1 x 8GB)
gtx 1050

1. Buy a second 8 GB stick of RAM. She needs 2 identical sticks of RAM for dual channel memory which is important. 8 GB of RAM isn't considered enough, 32 GB is overkill for most people.

2. As far as GPU is concerned, it depends on your budget. I'd recommend either a GTX 1650 Super or a GTX 1660 Super

Solution

TRENDING THREADS