[SOLVED] GPU upgrade for video editing

dbassist94

Commendable
Sep 22, 2018
MoBo: MSI X299 Tomahawk AC
CPU: Intel i7-7800X
RAM: 32GB (4x8GB DDR4-3200 Trident Gskill)
GPU: Geforce GTX 1060 3GB
Storage: SSD 500 Gb for software | SSD nvm 1tb for footage and files

We all know Adobe sucks, I'm sick of GPU failures. Since CUDA tech is being more implemented in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, I think I can enhance my PC power upgrading the GPU. I know the CPU is not the best, but I cant use CUDA acceleration due to Adobe crashes.

I can buy a Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB GDDR5X for nealy 400 € (reconditioned with 2 years guarantee)
Is it the best option? Shall I wait a bit?
The porpuse is to get something good, so that the day I upgrade my CPU it still beup to par.

Thanks a lot!!!

Solution

We all know Adobe sucks, I'm sick of GPU failures. Since CUDA tech is being more implemented in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, I think I can enhance my PC power upgrading the GPU. I know the CPU is not the best, but I cant use CUDA acceleration due to Adobe crashes.

I can buy a Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB GDDR5X for nealy 400 € (reconditioned with 2 years guarantee)
The porpuse is to get something good, so that the day I upgrade my CPU it still beup to par.

Thanks a lot!!!
THe 1080 or...

Ferimer

Distinguished

Thanks a lot!!!
THe 1080 or 1080Ti is going to be one of your best options if you. the performance boost is well over 75% when comparing 1060 to 1080. ANd the 1080 has the capability to be a great card as you upgrade. Although the 1080Ti would be the most ideal option but go for what you can afford. Keep in mind that there are going to be a new line up of cards in the near future that may put some cards on sale or lower their prices.

Reactions: dbassist94
Solution