[SOLVED] GPU Upgrade Guide Rx 460 HP 6300mt

shahryara9069

Reputable
Dec 21, 2017
Sir,
I've Question to you. I want to Upgrade my GPU
I want to upgrade my GPU. I've Hp 6300 Pro MT with 320 watt's PSU Stock and No other PSU available in my country to Upgrade it. In the bottom i'll share pic of PSU and its power.
I've CPU i5-3570, PSU 320 watts Stock Hp, Ram 2x4= 8gb, 500+500 HDD = 1TB
So, Question is that. I want to Upgrade my GPU in HP 6300 mt.
I want to Buy AMD RX 460 4gb,
Does my PSU handle it Rx 460 without any trouble or Without Any Cases Harm to MY PC or Danger to my PC life.
I love my PC.
Does it Worth to Buy Rx 460 GPU for Hp 6300 mt.
I've seen Video on Youtube a Person using Rx 460 GPU with 320 watts PSU in Hp 6200 mt Stock PSU. He said to me. it's runs fine without any trouble.
But I'm not satisfied with him.

So, I'm asking to you Guys for my help.
I know GTX 1050 is more Expensive in my Country than Rx 460
GTX 1050 Price Rs.20,000
Rx 460 Price Rs16,000
So, Help me out
I just want to play Games At 720p

Solution
If the PSU/system is as old as the processor, then the PSU is not capable of outputting 320W to the entire system, maybe around half that or less. I would not suggest dropping a new GPU into that old prebuilt system simply because that PSU will nto be able to deliver necessary power to the entire system, let alone the GPU.

YouTube is YouTube, they do not care if you end up with a blown computer, house or a burnt wallet. I'd advise against any investments on that prebuilt. The motherboard is proprietary which means off the shelf PSU's won't work either.

Lutfij

Titan
If the PSU/system is as old as the processor, then the PSU is not capable of outputting 320W to the entire system, maybe around half that or less. I would not suggest dropping a new GPU into that old prebuilt system simply because that PSU will nto be able to deliver necessary power to the entire system, let alone the GPU.

YouTube is YouTube, they do not care if you end up with a blown computer, house or a burnt wallet. I'd advise against any investments on that prebuilt. The motherboard is proprietary which means off the shelf PSU's won't work either.

Reactions: shahryara9069
Solution
D

Deleted member 2720853

My old HP prebuilt was able to handle a 1060 and i7-8700 with a 300W PSU. They probably rated the GPU down in power, but still, it ran just fine for about 2 years before I replaced the GPU itself and eventually built my own PC.

It will work, but be cautious.

Reactions: shahryara9069

shahryara9069

Reputable
Dec 21, 2017
Like others have said, I would run the rx 460 without a worry as it should be fine. Remember that the peak power draw of the card is still far under what it will probably normally run. Just keep in mind you may have issues with UEFI if the card requires it.
Like others have said, I would run the rx 460 without a worry as it should be fine. Remember that the peak power draw of the card is still far under what it will probably normally run. Just keep in mind you may have issues with UEFI if the card requires it.

I've Hp Legacy Bios