Gpu upgrade help

Nov 11, 2018
Hello !

i have a few questions that i hope someone in here can help me with,

it is about my pc spesifications. some have said to me that my pc is decent, but could have been better considering the money i spent on it.

Here are my pc spesifications

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Socket-2011-3
Intel Core i7-5820K Prosessor 3.3 ghz CPU
HyperX Fury 2133MHz 16GB (4x4GB) memory
Coler Master silent hybrid pro 1300 watt PSU
MSI R9 290X Lightning GPU
3 x samsung evo 850 250gb SSD
3 x Western Digital green 7200RPM 2 TB HDD
Cooler Master Nepton 240M CPU Kjøler
NZXT phantom black big tower

is this considered a bad pc ? if so, why ? also i am in need of aof a new gpu. wolud a
ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 ROG STRIX OC be a big improvement? or will my cpu hold me back ?
i have also heard that the 5820k is a pretty decent CPU that is good for both gaming and other tasks . at least if i clock it, it will be good for gaming.

so i hope that someone can help me with my questions :)

thanks in advance :)

It is not "bad", it is simply "old". Considering that platform, Haswell-E, was released four years ago. Four years can be a lifetime when it comes to CPU performance. It's still very viable though, especially if you can get a decent overclock on the CPU to give it a little more muscle. If you can get the core speed up to around 4Ghz with all cores running, it should be able to run any card or game you wish to use.

Your CPU should not hold you back to any significant degree. Will it be as good as a brand new Ryzen or Intel CPU with the same number of cores? No. But that does not mean it is not still a very capable CPU. Better in fact than some that are being sold and used currently, especially if you can overclock the CPU and get the speed up where it can make those twelve threads really shine.

TRENDING THREADS