Question GPU Upgrade help

Dec 15, 2020
Hello, so my system is about 5-6 years old and my gpu is showing signs of giving out so i would like to take the chance and get an upgrade before it dies completely.
I usually play League of Legends and FFXIV but occasionaly try AAA games that interest me at 1080p.

My system is as follows:
Mobo: Asus z87-Pro
CPU: i7 4770K
GPU: r9 290x
RAM: 16 Gb DDR3 1600
PSU: Corsair CX600

I was trying to wait until i could just upgrade the whole thing but since the gpu decided to die now i'd like to swap it to something i might build around in the future and that i can use with the system i have now.
My budget is around 350€ but i'm willing to go a bit higher if it's worth it, right now i was thinking of getting a rx 5600 xt but i'm willing to take more knowledgeable opinions as i'm not very good at this.

Thanks for reading and all opinions are appreciated.

At 1080p you may be more CPU limited in AAA titles. Run HWiNFO64 (sensors only, logging on) in the background while you play the most demanding game you have. Check the logs and see if your CPU and/or GPU is constantly at 95-100% utilization.
The RX 5600 XT would be a worthy upgrade as long as you're not hitting the limits of your other components.

Also, what drive(s) do you have? Newer games constantly load content while gaming and anything slower than a good SATA SSD will also cause slowdowns/hitching.

Dec 15, 2020
At 1080p you may be more CPU limited in AAA titles. Run HWiNFO64 (sensors only, logging on) in the background while you play the most demanding game you have. Check the logs and see if your CPU and/or GPU is constantly at 95-100% utilization.
The RX 5600 XT would be a worthy upgrade as long as you're not hitting the limits of your other components.

Also, what drive(s) do you have? Newer games constantly load content while gaming and anything slower than a good SATA SSD will also cause slowdowns/hitching.

I have a 250 Gb samsung evo 860 ssd for windows and games i usually play, i'll have to upgrade that eventually and another 3Tb HDD for everything else.