Question Gpu upgrade - Power issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 10, 2020
Hi,

I recently upgraded my GPU for my sons pc.

Recently I had changed this pc to an ultra wide monitor setup 3440*1440 *120hz and the 1080ti I had in there was struggling a bit on some games. It had been doing ok, but then I noticed the frames dropping heavily on occasions (might be linked to current issue)

So I got a used 2080ti for a good price, don't fancy waiting for new 3 series for now.

Install of card was fine, I did a fresh install of Windows etc as the performance was not as expected, despite removing old drivers, ddu etc.

The performance is poor, less performance than I was getting with my 1080ti.

I am wondering if my PSU is faulty. Is a Corsair 750x, about 18 months old. I have 32gb of DDR 4 3000 ram and a ryzen 2600 cpu.

When I run 3d Mark with the OSD from afterburner on, putting the power at 112 % and look at the power number, it will start the benchmark at the 112% for maybe 1 second or 2 and then drop down to a max of 70% for the remainder of the test.

Does this point to a PSU issue. The card appears to be operating fine, does not go above 65 degrees under load and all seems well on that front.

Appreciate any help please.

Thanks

Update: Fixed, card is faulty.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, u arent bottlenecked by power limit.
it just means GPU has a headroom to overclock to (if needed)
so, u should look for now at values of your GPU clock and GPU load
if GPU load is around 100% while GPU clock is like 2000+MHz, then all should be fine (as far as GPU self overclock goes)
u can ncrease GPU voltage a little bit and bump up some GPU base clock, that should get u closer to power limit

other than that, run userbenchmark, then post web page link to your result, to see if your hardware works as it should

Status
Not open for further replies.