Question gpu upgrade time - need help making a final decision

Matthew44

Prominent
Apr 28, 2022
hello everyone so i am on a budget of £380 for a new gpu for an rtx 3000 series - the rtx 3060 ti FE. well, i was hoping to get that gpu until it went out of stock on Nvidia's website, im hoping to get it before Christmas, i would buy one from eBay but i dont want a second hand one as ive had too many second hand gpu's and i dont want to buy one just to find out that its been mined on before. if i cant get this gpu, i might get the gtx 1080 or rtx 2080 super but i want a gpu that has a good price/performance ratio and i just cant make my mind up. any suggestions?

hello everyone so i am on a budget of £380 for a new gpu for an rtx 3000 series - the rtx 3060 ti FE. well, i was hoping to get that gpu until it went out of stock on Nvidia's website, im hoping to get it before Christmas, i would buy one from eBay but i dont want a second hand one as ive had too many second hand gpu's and i dont want to buy one just to find out that its been mined on before. if i cant get this gpu, i might get the gtx 1080 or rtx 2080 super but i want a gpu that has a good price/performance ratio and i just cant make my mind up. any suggestions?

Hey there,

Out of those 3 the 3060ti is the fastest.

I'd not go near a GTX1080 now. Outdated and out performed. Same with the 2080 super. If new RTX features are a need for you going with the 3060ti is the way to go.

On the other side you could be able to get a RX6700XT for the same price or close. Little more raster performance, but not as good at raytracing, and the also losing out on DLSS. Although AMD's FSR 2.0 is supposed to be great.

Matthew44

Prominent
Apr 28, 2022
Hey there,

Out of those 3 the 3060ti is the fastest.

I'd not go near a GTX1080 now. Outdated and out performed. Same with the 2080 super. If new RTX features are a need for you going with the 3060ti is the way to go.

On the other side you could be able to get a RX6700XT for the same price or close. Little more raster performance, but not as good at raytracing, and the also losing out on DLSS. Although AMD's FSR 2.0 is supposed to be great.
ok thanks for the reply

TRENDING THREADS