Question GPU UPGRADE

Dec 18, 2022
What would be a good graphics card to upgrade from my current build.
CPU - Ryzen 5 5600g
GPU- GTX 1660 TI
PSU- Thermaltake 600W
Motherboard - Gigabyte B550M DS3H
RAM- 16 GB (planning to make 32)

Also any other things I should upgrade I would appreciate the comments.

Have a look at the Intel Arc 750. They dropped the price to $250 and basically kicks butt for that price. Has the latest tech, great Raytracing, Great Upscaling, great price. The drivers really coming around now. Check out this video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc1NYwMCpTo

Ark 750 for 1080p
Ark 770 for 1440p

Definitely worth looking into....

They have a lot of potential but Gamers Nexus tested lots of games. He said about %50 of the games tested saw a major improvement. The other %50 stiff suffer from stuttering. Give Intel another 6-12 months and they should be a solid option. They are early in driver development.

Dec 18, 2022
What monitor are you currently using? What is the refresh rate,60Hz, 75Hz, 144Hz?

What I'm getting at is your monitor dictates what the gpu is going to be able to display.

What's your budget?

Best Graphics Cards 2023 - Top Gaming GPUs for the Money | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)
144Hz and my budget is just whatever is worth if i have to spend a pretty penny to buy it its fine but I also dont want to go overkill to the point where my other components of my pc are basically null with it.

mjbn1977

Distinguished
@mjbn1977

Respectfully disagree. Intel has proven they don't know WTF they are doing and now are Dumping their stock by dropping the price.

Its just the first generation, transistors and architecture all optimized for newer APIs, older APIs only emulated through driver (hence the recent improvements). According to PCgameshardware one of the best raytracing performer in the the price class. XeSS upscaling is as good if not better than FSR2 according to several test I saw. Yes, they have first gen start issues but I think in the long run the have potential to really get a player in mid to higher range.

Also, I didn't say run buy it. I said have a look at it, because in the lower price class they are a real option. But I you like 3060 level performance its the best option if you want to enjoy raytracing.....better than AMD that is.

Reactions: KyaraM

KyaraM

Admirable
Its just the first generation, transistors and architecture all optimized for newer APIs, older APIs only emulated through driver (hence the recent improvements). According to PCgameshardware one of the best raytracing performer in the the price class. XeSS upscaling is as good if not better than FSR2 according to several test I saw. Yes, they have first gen start issues but I think in the long run the have potential to really get a player in mid to higher range.

Also, I didn't say run buy it. I said have a look at it, because in the lower price class they are a real option. But I you like 3060 level performance its the best option if you want to enjoy raytracing.....better than AMD that is.
Just ignore. I don't think you can convince him away from his Intel hate. Personally, I think you are correct in your assessment. The recent price drop really helps the card, too, brings it more in line with the competition which they often beat, too. It's a really good alternative.

Reactions: mjbn1977