Question GPU upgrade

Mar 13, 2023
Hello everyone.
I need to upgrade my gpu, but I was wondering if I could get a bit of help out here.
Current specs
Ryzen 7 2700X
16GB ddr3 ram (2933 mhz or whatever)
SSD+M.2 SSD
PSU: EVGA 750 GQ (semi modular)
GPU: Sapphire Nitro RX 570 8 GB model.
What would be best to go for at this point? Choices that I can afford atm (3rd word trash prices)

RX 5700 XT
RTX 2060 (non super)
GTX 1660 Super
GTX 1070 Ti

Was thinking to go for RTX 2080, but they are still hella expensive here, so I can forget about that one tbh.
I am mainly playing Apex Legends, CSGO using AOC G2590FX 1080p 144 hz monitor.

Thanks.

Honestly, I wouldn't even look at the GTX 1070 Ti or (especially) the GTX 1660 Super. Those cards are just over and done with

I've been hearing a lot lately that the RX 5700 XT is one of the best-value cards out there right now on the used market. If the RX 5700 XT fits in your budget, there's no question that it's the card you should buy over the rest. This is a card that out-performs every other card in your list and it's a card that I myself own.

I only use it as a backup card now (because I have an RX 6800 XT) but I was very satisfied with the 5700 XT's performance (which is why I still have it). As a matter of fact, the RX 5700 XT is one of Steve Walton's all-time favourite video cards and he was extremely impressed with it. These are his words from his article comparing the RX 5700 XT with the RTX 2060 Super:

"If you're looking for maximum value it's the Radeon RX 5700 series that delivers. As you just saw the 5700 XT offers at least 10% more bang for your buck when compared to the RTX 2060 Super. Value-wise it's an open and shut case, get the 5700 XT and enjoy the extra frames, or save a little money and get the non-XT model which can be tuned up for 5700 XT-like performance."

If the RTX 2060 Super can't stand up to the performance of the RX 5700 XT, what chance does the standard RTX 2060 have?

According to the TechPowerUp GPU Database, the comparisons of those GeForce cards to the RX 5700 XT have all of them losing by double-digits:

GTX 2060: The RX 5700 XT beats it by 19%
GTX 1070 Ti: The RX 5700 XT beats it by 24%
GTX 1660 Super: The RX 5700 XT beats it by 43%

As for your RX 570, well the RX 5700 XT more than doubles the performance with a performance uplift of 112%.

There's no question that in that list of cards, the RX 5700 XT is in a league of its own and would be your best option by quite a margin. Your EVGA 750W PSU would be more than able to handle it as well.

Mar 13, 2023
Thank you very much for that explanation.
I guess I'll go with Asus TUF RX 5700 XT.
Good thing it is a good friend of mine selling it, so I'll be able to squeeze my budget for that and I know for sure card was used lightly (Dude plays LoL only) and never used for mining or any heavy gaming.
Wish I knew how to select the best answer on thread tho hahahahaha.

Reactions: Avro Arrow
Good thing it is a good friend of mine selling it, so I'll be able to squeeze my budget for that and I know for sure card was used lightly (Dude plays LoL only) and never used for mining or any heavy gaming.
From what I remember, each answer has a trophy icon above the upvote and downvote arrows that you click on to select it as the best answer.

Of the options you listed the 5700xt no question. It’s closer to a 2070 or 3060 in performance and can still handle a bit of 1440p. I have one I got used in my system now, but will probably be looking to upgrade it in the next few months.

Really for what it is though, it’s a fine card. If you look at the benchmarks, in pure performance it’s right with a 6600xt/rtx 2070/3060. Ray tracing you might miss a bit on but at this performance tier how much ray tracing are you doing anyway? Plus when you look at some of the comparisons you may not even notice all the time. Just make sure you’ve got a decent power supply and good airflow. My 5700xt the fans do get audible at times so you just want plenty of air going.

Mirnij

Reputable
Apr 1, 2020

Hello, so be careful about this card. It is the worst rx 5700xt with bad heat dissipation. Please spread the review on this card.