Question Gpu Usage 40 - 50% usage while playing forfnite

Jan 5, 2020
I was wondering because i usually get stutters in game, my cpu is usually at 90-100% while playing it since it runs at ultimate performance, any idea what todo, any help is greatly appreciated.

My gpu is a 1070 Ti
CPU: i7-7700k

A. What temperature does your CPU reach during gameplay?

B. I sincerely doubt overclocking it would "destroy it." CPUs can take a lot of heat for an extended period of time. In modern thin and light laptops, it is not unheard of for i5 and i7 processors to hit almost 100 C when running CPU intensive tasks for a long period of time.

C. If your CPU temps make you uncomfortable, you should upgrade your CPU cooler to give you the headroom to overclock.

A. What temperature does your CPU reach during gameplay?

B. I sincerely doubt overclocking it would "destroy it." CPUs can take a lot of heat for an extended period of time. In modern thin and light laptops, it is not unheard of for i5 and i7 processors to hit almost 100 C when running CPU intensive tasks for a long period of time.

C. If your CPU temps make you uncomfortable, you should upgrade your CPU cooler to give you the headroom to overclock.
For C: I would recommend you just get a newer CPU since i7-7700K is getting a bit old. Not a bad cpu but I wouldn't pair it with a 1070 Ti.

For C: I would recommend you just get a newer CPU since i7-7700K is getting a bit old. Not a bad cpu but I wouldn't pair it with a 1070 Ti.

The thing is, if he wants to upgrade his CPU, he's going to need a new motherboard; 8th and 9th gen processors need a 300 series motherboard and 10th gen requires a 400 series. Seeing how he's using a 1070Ti, I'm guessing a $500+ motherboard/CPU combo for 1080p gaming isn't in the cards.